Synthesis and FLLEX Collect
Synthesis and FLLEX (SF) System
The Synthesis, FLLEX and Collection (SFC) System enables pressurised flow reactions with 4 independently controlled substrate/reagent inputs, two independently temperature controlled reaction locations, aqueous work-up and automated product collection.
The Synthesis, FLLEX and Collection (SFC) System is ideal for use in the following applications:
- Medicinal chemistry
- Log D determination (controlled chemistry)
- Process chemistry
- Log P determination (controlled chemistry)
- Walk away synthesis: Fully automated hardware is controlled by the Africa software to enable unattended runs. Reagents are injected and products are collected automatically.
- Faster reactions: Increase reaction rates over 100 fold by superheating reactions significantly above reflux e.g. dichloromethane to 100°C, acetonitrile to 150°C and water to 170°C.
- Cleaner reactions: Reduced impurities via excellent, reproducible reaction control and optional use of solid phase reagents/catalysts/scavengers.
- Inline aqueous work-up: The Flow Liquid Liquid Extraction Module (FLLEX) enables two immiscible phases to be mixed and separated in flow, immediately following the reaction.
- Online analysis: A sample of reaction mixture can be taken, diluted and analyzed by HPLC in an entirely automated fashion.
- Scale-up: Production rates up to kg overnight.
- Automated LogP / LogD analysis: Excellent correlation with shake flask method.
- Rapid development: Reaction time, temperature and equivalents can be rapidly varied using mg of substrate.
- Reactions not possible with batch synthesis: Extremely quick reaction times, reagent additions, temperature changes and quenches are possible.
- Automated blockage protection: Pressure sensors continually monitor every flow channel.
- Wide temperature range: Heat reactions up to 250°C or cool down to 0°C.
- Chemically resistant: Glass and PTFE/ fluoropolymer wetted part
|4 Syringe Pumps:||Flow rate 2.5µl to 2.5ml/min with pressure sensors and automatic over-pressure shutdown|
|4 Pressurized Input Bottles:||Regulated 1 bar Nitrogen or Argon is supplied to up to 4 bottles, eliminating cavitation and bubble formation and allowing the use of air sensitive reagents (requires laboratory gas supply).|
|4 Manual Injection Loops and Valves:||1ml, 5ml or 10ml loops|
|Chemical Resistance:||All wetted parts are glass, PTFE or other similar fluoropolymer.|
|2 Temperature Controlled Microreactor Positions:||The Africa Heater/Cooler has two reaction positions, each of which can be factory set to either:|
|0°C – 150°C|
|40°C – 250°C|
|Flow Liquid-Liquid Extraction:||Flow extraction and separation of an extremely wide range of immiscible solvent pairs e.g. DCM:Aq, Ethyl Acetate:Aq, THF:Aq, Ether:Aq etc. (where Aq is aqueous).|
|Automation:||The Africa software allows an almost unlimited number of reactor configurations and automates the entire process. Only “chemist friendly” data such as volumes, times and temperatures need to be added – no need to deal with flow rates if you don’t want to. The timings of all events such as pumps starting, injections, collections etc. are all automatically calculated and performed automatically.|
|Africa Heater/Cooler (2 position)|
|Africa 50/100ul Syringe Kit|
|Africa 250/500ul Syringe Kit|
|Africa 500/1000ul Syringe Kit|
|Africa Reagent Pump|
|62.5ul Microreactor Chip 2 Input|
|62.5ul Microreactor Chip 3 Input|
|250ul Microreactor Chip 2 Input|
|250ul Microreactor Chip 3 Input|
|1000ul Microreactor Chip 2 Input|
|1000ul Microreactor Chip 3 Input|
|Africa Reagent Store (4 position Manual injection)|
|Pressure Sensor Assembly for Africa Reagent Pump|
|Africa Reagent Pump Valve Head|
|Chip Header Blanking Plug|
|Africa Solvent Store|
|Africa Heater/Cooler High Temp Sub Module|
|4ml Tube Reactor PTFE|
|16ml Tube Reactor PTFE|
|4ml Tube Reactor PFA|
|16ml Tube Reactor PFA|
|Africa Pressurisation module|
|Africa Control Software Including PC|