Orb System Overview
Orb Jacketed Reactor
Orb is a compact bench-top jacketed reactor system combining excellent value and high quality construction with unique user-friendly features and reliable performance for batch reactions.
Orb allows rapid height adjustment and two clamp sizes to accommodate a wide range of vessel sizes from 100ml to 10L, which can be interchanged quickly. The system can be used over a wide range temperatures and is a true chemistry lab workhorse. A wide selection of accessories and upgrades for automation is available.
- Stirrer motor
Wide choice stirrer motors: high speed (up to 2000RPM), high torque (up to 90Ncm), torque feedback, RS232 control and digital display stirrers
Choose from a wide range of accessories such as condensers, baffles, powder or pressure equalizing liquid funnels, port adaptors, stoppers etc.
- Quick connections
Thermo fluid connections made in seconds
Premium oil pipes for higher temperature applications -90°C to +250°C, Budget oil pipes for temperatures from -40°C to +120°C
- Adjustable height
Instant change of vessel height without tools
- Wide range of stirrers Different styles and lengths available
Sturdy yet compact base
- Easy motor lift
Lift and rotate stirrer motor out of the way
- 7 Port lid
A wide range of port sizes in both vertical and compound angle configurations
- Quick clamp
No tools required to change jacketed vessels in seconds. DN100 clamp for 100ml, 250ml, 500ml, 1L and 2L vessels DN150 clamp for 1L, 2L, 5L and 10L vessels
- Temperature control
Temperature probes connected to the circulator offer accurate closed loop temperature control
- Jacketed vessels
100ml, 250ml, 500ml, 1 litre, 2litre, 5 litre and 10 litre jacketed vessels or up to 5 litre vacuum jacketed
- Bottom outlet valve
Spring loaded valve offers leak free sealing even at extremes of temperature and pressure
- Drip tray
For protection from spillages
- Quick vessel changes: The unique vessel clamp mechanism allows quick and easy vessel changes.
- Wide range of vessels: 100ml, 250ml, 500ml, 1L, 2L, 5L and 10L torispherical vessels, up to 5L round bottom and vacuum jacketed vessels.
- Rapid height adjustments: Instant change of vessel height without tools.
- Clever user friendly features: Stirrer motor can be easily lifted and moved out of the way, easy vessel changes, no tools vessel height adjustments.
- Maximum chemical resistance: All wetted parts are glass or PTFE.
- Wide temperature range: -90°C to +250°C.
- Pressure range: Vacuum (50mbara) to 0,25 barg.
- Wide vessel access area: Easy reagent additions, allows use of larger stirrers, and wide range of accessories.
- Upgrade to automation: Add the Orb Reactor Master or PC software for total automation of reaction parameters.
- Robust and reliable: Built on Syrris' extensive experience, the Orb reactor system offers true value, ease of use and flexibility.