The Asia FLLEX (Flow Liquid Liquid EXtraction) module is the flow chemistry equivalent of a separatory funnel. Operating continuously, this aqueous work-up or extraction module initially mixes the organic product stream with an aqueous phase, then allows time for diffusion to occur before finally splitting the flow back to its constituent parts.
By using advanced membrane technology rather than gravity, the FLLEX can separate two phase mixtures that would be extremely difficult by typical techniques e.g. THF and an aqueous phase.
The Asia FLLEX can be manually controlled from its front panel or automated from a PC using the Asia Manager PC Software. The Asia FLLEX module requires the Asia Pressure Controller
FLLEX Features and Benefits:
- Unique – the only commercially available flow aqueous work up system at lab scale
- Reduced emulsions compared to traditional separation funnels. Can form micro droplets which lead to difficult to separate emulsions, the FLLEX controls bubble size, reducing emulsion formation
- Rapid partitioning and phase separation
- Ideal for preparation of samples before sending to analysis e.g. via Sampler and Dilutor module
- Works with organic solvents that are either more or less dense than water, e.g. DCM, Ethyacetate.
Uses of the FLLEX
“We have employed the Syrris FLLEX module as a "copper extraction device". The flexibility to connect the FLLEX module to our existing microflow apparati was key for success in this project.”
“This was the first published application from our group concerning the FLLEX system and more is still in the pipeline.”
Dr. Timothy Noël (Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands)
Read more customer testimonials.
|Maximum organic/aqueous rate:||250 - 500µl/min|
|Wetted materials:||Glass, PTFE, PFA and PEEK|
|Cross membrane pressure range:||0 - 500 mBar|
|BPR pressure range:||1 - 9 bar|
|Input gas supply (from Asia Pressure Controller):||4 - 10 bar|